View Single Post
      05-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbbuilt View Post
"Calm down"??? Distracted driving is #1 cause of accidents and leading cause of fatalities. I ride a motorcycle for commuting, on freeways and city streets. I've lost count of number of times these jerks aren't paying attention, yakking on their phone (I glance at those drivers when they make their "move") and without thought, shift lanes and cut me off. Thank god I have my wits to protect me and an extremely loud horn to wake them up. It's distinct safety hazard and should be penalized. Stop apologizing for those people!

BTW, if jitterygoat, god-forbid, had suffered injuries or fatalities, would you still be so forgiving stating "Accidents happen" and "Suing someone in this situation is a waste of time and money" hmmmm?

Vince.
You are once again overreacting. I'm not defending distracted driving. When did I "apologize for those people"? No doubt it's a problem. That's not the point here. The point is, the OP was in a traffic accident and there is a procedure to deal with this which involved the police and the insurance companies. That's all that needs to happen.

By the way I also have been a motorcycle driver and it's incumbent on that driver to be defensive and watch out for other drivers. It's the risk you take when you ride a bike.
Appreciate 0