View Single Post
      02-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
Redline_E84
Registered
Rep
Drives: Stock 2013 X1 28i Xdrive

Question New Owner, looking for some modding advice

Hello hopefully I am on the right forums for this, I just recently purchased a 2013 BMW X1 28i Xdrive 58k miles for $14,998 and came from a 2015 Civic Si Coupe. I wanted something sporty and quick but also something that would be good for my family later on. So far I love it although I miss driving a stickshift.

I would like to modify my X1, both visually and performance but almost all performance. I got a pretty good deal on this X1 and didnt hesistate to get it because of its size and the potential of the N20 Engine.
I would like a tune, I found a good deal on an AFE Power Scorcher plug in, but im wondering if I should just get a stage 2. Im not looking to spend over $500 overall for a tuning chip unless its really worth it. I would like to drop the 0-60 time down and have more power overall. I have heard that they sell stage 2 plug in units that arent actually tunes as well.. I just wouldent know how to take the tune off if BMW had an issue with a real tune (inputs?)

I would also like some more sound from this car too and have been reccomeneded everything from an air intake to a intake resonator delete with kn drop in, to a muffler delete, to a blow off valve and a set of exhausts. I want a clean but sporty nice sound and wouldent mind some loud turbo or growling. Any advice on this part would be great too!

Finally exterior Visual mods I was thinking of exhaust tips, tail light tints, colored fog lights, and window tints.

Am I seeing too much potential in this car? I will focus on tuning first as ive been searching forums for a long time and have found useful info but im still so new to BMW that I have to ask everyone here, if this is a question better suited for another forum please let me know. I look forward to being an active member here. Any input helps me! Thanks!
Appreciate 0