TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY10 View Post
I work on Wall Street and even though it closes at 4 Mon - Fri I usually don't leave my office until after 9.

Work is usually 15-16 hour days at least 5 days a week sometimes weekends too.

Finding the balance between working hard and still having a life. I put in for my vacation this week for Dec and I have to make sure my dates are even approved first.

I know my job is stressful and there's a lot of running around, staring at computers, talking on the phone. When I get home I shower eat a little something and want to be in peace. My friends complain cause I never hang out my girl is impossible because we never see each other and she feels that she always has to call me.

I'm on the phone all day I don't want to do the same at night. I love my job and what I do so slowing down and switching paths now isn't an option.

I do know I'm exhausted by the time I leave. It's 11:40 now and I'm on the train heading home to sleep for a few hours before I go back into the office tomorrow (Saturday) to finish a deadline.
Was there a "question" in there?

I believe you are asking, "Do we agree or how do we find a balance?"

I am Middle Aged, married, father of 2. I have been self-employed for over a decade. I have previously worked as a Policeman, IT and Mortgage.
What I will tell you is this: There is absolutely NO job or income I would accept that requires that many hours of my time/life no matter the compensation! There is absolutely NOTHING more important in this world than "TIME"! Be it personal, family, leisure, etc. Money is NOT everything. Yet society has 'programmed' us (at least try desperately!) to believe that it is.
Our lifespan is really but a breeze in the wind. You MUST enjoy "life". And if for anyone their "life" revolves around money... You are truly lost. Now there is nothing wrong with desiring or aspiring a certain comfort level. But again, my "Time and Stress levels" are FAR more important to me and my circle than chasing money. At the very least, I would not work the way you are doing for more than a handful of years and back when I was in my 20's.