View Single Post
      06-22-2016, 07:14 PM   #74
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mongo View Post
I work in investment banking. I started right out of college as an Analyst. For the first two to three years I worked 80 - 100 hours per week, every week. I would regularly go home, shower, go to bed, wake up, and go back to the office. I didn't take my first week-long vacation until 16 months into the job. It was pretty brutal.

As I moved up in the organization, my hours kept getting better and better, and now I work 55 - 65 hours per week (obviously there are good weeks and bad weeks). I don't plan to do this forever, but right now the money is too good to walk away.

TL;DR: Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy an M4 (and that makes me very, very happy)
haha good stuff. How many years are you into your investment banking career?

I concur, money can buy you a M4, which makes you happy, problem is, you'll also find out as you make more money, you have less time to enjoy your stuff you purchase to make you happy.

That's the case with my M3. I bought it in 2010, and I've used it less than my prior car, when I has making 50% less income, but had a ton more free time.