View Single Post
      09-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

SanDisc flash drive question - maybe for Apple folk?

I recently switched from using a cable and an old IPod Touch for music in my 2013 X1 to using a flash drive, plugged into dash USB. It's cool overall but for one thing -

If I load a playlist of 50 tracks, the H/K stereo at first won't read anything, and an "invalid format" message flashes on. I was patient for once, and after a couple of minutes, suddenly music started. But the read out said "track 51/100."

In other words, the stereo was reading the flash as having 100 tracks, where I had only loaded 50. And the first 50 "phantom" tracks it read as "invalid format."

This has happened both times I have loaded new music and used the Flash. So I assume it is going to happen every time. It's not a biggie. But it does seem odd.

I am a Mac user and just drag the tracks from my ITunes library over to the flash icon.

Is it the SanDisc? My method of loading tracks on the SanDisc? An Apple thing? Anyone with any thoughts, I'd be glad to hear them. I can live with this situation because the music sounds great and the SanDisc is so tiny you wouldn't even notice it's there. But overall, I'd prefer not to have to wait several minutes every time I load new music onto the flash.
Appreciate 0