View Single Post
      03-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #37
ddark13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 35i

I got a 35i base with tech, prem, heated seats, satellite radio, blk/blk.

At first I regretted not getting the rear view camera package b/c the view out back is pretty high and small but, honestly, you get used to it. The X1 is shorter than even a 3-series so as long as you think about what you're doing, parking is easy.

I then questioned the need for the 35i engine after I started getting under 14mpg for the first 2 weeks of ownership. Since then it has settled to around 17mpg mostly city (800 miles). The six speed with the 35i engine feels like last-gen technology (cause it is) but, thinking back to my test drive of the 28i, the turbo lag from a dead stop would have driven me crazy b/c I'm usually in traffic or stuck at a red light. But if you do mainly driving at speed, the 28i is really more than adequate and im sure gets much, much better fuel economy than the 35i... The 35i is also incredibly smooth and extremely fast. For me, it kind of "makes" the X1 in knowing that its faster than 95% of cars on the road.

If I could change something about my order id probably at least test drive the M-sport package due to the summer tires. The all seasons that come with the X1 tend to lose grip very easily - so much so at first I thought they were built more for snow and mud rather than the street. Over time, however, I've gotten used to it. Another adv. of the sport package is that it opens up the red leather interior. The blk interior with aluminum trim that i have is kind of somber but, knowing me, id probably say the red interior was too loud if i had gotten it. I also saved a bunch of cash by not getting the M sport and upgrading to the 35i for the std features such as the 18" rims, xenons, etc.

Things I couldn't live w/o, personally, are the panaramic roof, idrive/tech package and xenon headlights with LED rings. Those features, in addition to the 35i, really make me look forward to driving the car each day.

Id also get the cold weather pkg to get the heated steering wheel esp considering the minimal price difference between that and a la carte heated seats.

Last edited by ddark13; 03-05-2013 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0