Thread: Oil Leakage
View Single Post
      07-16-2023, 11:09 AM   #17
RandyM4A1
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgelinskey View Post
It wasn't the vacuum pump causing the leak, but I feel it needed to be replaced anyway. I am now replacing the valve cover and gasket. After further research I found this is quite common with the plastic valve covers on the N20 engines. Sure enough, mine has a crack in the valve cover right above where it was leaking. From watching videos, this seems like a common spot also, above the second bolt from the rear. That explains why oil stop-leaks weren't working. This should solve the oil leak and burning smell.

I also changed out the sparkplugs while I was at it. My X1 has 138,000 and still running strong!
Bro this is a 10 years old topic and it took you a Year to find out where Engine oil leaked on your X1 ? you should buy a Toyota instead, I'm happy because I did not buy the M expensive car because BMW has issues with the Engine. I bought an X1 N55 engine to test out BMW cars and Scott Kilmer was right, BMW Engineers are F uking around. Your Timing Chain and Rod Bearing will be out soon along with minor headache before Major ones. Good Luck
Appreciate 0