bacchaebabe
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive23d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajavivek View Post
hi there,
i ordered mine on 29/01/2011 as well, and i know the car reached port kembla docks on the 23rd may. my dealer(sydney) told me it will take another 1 week for the delivery.. cant wait..
and just curious why did u change the rft to normal ones? for a smooth ride?
Hi Rajavivek, hope you have your car by now. Mine was stuck in bond for a while and the dealers don't have much control over this.

I changed to standard tyres as I had read a lot of bad stuff about run flats. Not just about the ride but the handling and more importantly the rate of wear, the hassle of finding someone who can put new ones on, their availability outside capital cities, their inability to get a simple puncture repaired as opposed to having to replace the tyre and the cost of replacement.

After a drive to Jindabyne (900 kms round trip) on the weekend I'm happy with my decision and my car. Wonderful drive and exceptional handling. Managed to avoid a wombat, echidna, kangeroo, rabbit and a fox despite their suicidal tendancies. Swerving around a wombat at night at 140kms an hour with no problems at all is a joyous thing. Also utilised the cruise control around Goulburn to avoid the usual speeding fine I pick up there. And the lights are fantastic for lighting your way in the dark and through fog and rain. The windscreen wipers also work a treat to clear a nice bright view.

All 900kms was in the dark unfortunately and while I had grand plans of taking some sexy shots of the car in the snowy mountains, none came to pass. Also took a significant load up there including four chairs, numerous toolboxes and drills, food and clothes for a weekend away for two people and a beanbag for a dog (and the dog but he's very small). All fit in with no probs and a little room to spare.

It's a wonderful beastie.
Appreciate 0