07-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #10
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDave View Post
I'm personally surprised this thread even exists.

When you're paying the dollars we are for chosing a premium marque over a non-premium marque, aren't you buying the car for you and not for resale?

I plan to, and have, spec'd my vehicle how I want it for ME. In my case, i'm going for the reddish brown colour leather interior. Will that be to everyone's taste? I can't imagine. But then again, neither is the x1 to everyone's taste, with many threads on the forums dividing people down the middle on looks alone.

So yeah, I'm speccing my car for ME, not for resale. I've always been told blue bmw's don't sell. I've had two now and had no trouble selling the first and don't think i'll have any trouble selling the 2nd one (fingers crossed). Bottom line, I buy my cars for me.
I am sorry but I do not agree. This thread exists because someone had a valid question and I for one have learnt a lot from others experiences with the X1 and its very expensive options. For many resale is a concern 3-4 years down the line and the X1 is sensitive to it because its relatively cheap (yes it is!) with expensive options. You can quite easily add 40% to the price of the base model which, when it comes to a resale, you will be lucky to get 5% back.

I have also specced the car as I would like it but I do believe you can "over spec" it which is fine if you are prepared to write this off over 3-4 years.
Appreciate 0