View Single Post
      07-23-2023, 07:14 AM   #4
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I had a 2007 335i as well... sold with around 65k miles I want to say to Carmax back in the day... the car was very fun, handled extremely well for a non m car at the time and I modded it with only top quality mods at the time... I ran a 12.0 1/4 mile in it on e85... the car was a jet for the time and this was just when everyone else was picking up on turbo tech... otherwise (even) before the mods, the car was basically an utter piece of shit that had just about everything go wrong one could imagine.. every other day, it was something new... its almost amazing, how much things changed with the F gen and then later with the G generation in terms of overall quality and just reliability...

I did some googling around of my vin a little while back and found similar results as you... it was totally modded out with some cheap mods etc... but that's what you expect once the car's values drop as much as they do... I personally feel 0 loss here as these cars IMHO should be off the road at this point as again, in terms of reliability they were basically utter pieces of shit... and given what's available today, they aren't memorable enough (except) the M cars to miss.