View Single Post
      06-17-2023, 09:26 AM   #6
RandyM4A1
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gJesus_1911 View Post
Hello all Im in desperate need of help my current situation is that I just replaced my radiator on my E84 N55 and within a week it has dumped the coolant twice I noticed that when the car cools down and I add coolant we cannot detect a leak cooling system is pressurized. I got a Murray radiator that all they had in stock one thing I did notice is that I have an extra drain plug. By any chance do y'all think I have the incorrect drain plug installed? I tried calling OReillys couldn't get anything out of them. Im stressing out and help is appreciated.
I have the same car X1 N55 ! the coolant leaks like hell, previous owner and BMW dealerships couldn't figured out why after Radiator/hoses replacement and the coolant still leaking, "coolant reservoir" has no cracks or sign of leaking.

When i bought the car, me and dealer signed an agreement, if i find out the problems they will pay for the parts, so i spent 2 days and found out the leak was from "coolant reservoir and the Cap".
- In the middle of the coolant reservoir bottle, BMW factory did not seal it properly, it will crack in a period of time especially if we lived in Cold Weather like Canada or US East coast.
- The leaks only happen when it has pressure, which means ONLY when you drive the car, you won't see the leaking when you stop the car doesn't matter how much Coolant you have filled, it won't leak when the car stopped !

So buy the new bmw coolant reservoir for your car and replace them, take it easy there is a sensor at the bottom of the bottle to check your coolant level, don't break it, take the sensor connector out first. Hope this helps, good luck
Appreciate 0