View Single Post
      12-13-2022, 09:19 AM   #4
skinquilt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 xdrive28i

@mjc1994...

I am also curious as to what the transmission adaptations are that you speak of.

I liked you response cause it sounds like you are in the same spot as me, I have just been dealing with it as well. It sucks. The fact that I do not have any other things out of the normal happening as led me to be uncomfortably relaxed about it.

I am not having any other related symptoms to a bad torque converter: shuddering, contaminated fluid, gears change at high RPMs and strange sounds such as clicking or whirring. Are you having any of these issues?

I don't think I am having any vacuum pump related symptoms either: Abnormal-feeling brake pedal, Oil in the vacuum lines, Improperly functioning turbocharger wastegate, Various engine codes at idle. I might have some of these internal issues but I cannot tell without tearing into it. Have you noticed any of these issues as well?

Someone I talked to mentioned brakes over breaking when coming to a stop and pinching the caliper to quickly. I have not replaced and brake parts put all seems fine. Any brake part replacements that have been done in between when you started to notice the issue?

I have also been getting the "battery discharge" light occasionally but only when it sits for more than a week. I assume my battery will need to be replaced soon. It goes away after driving for a while and doesn't come back so I think I'm fine for a while. Any battery issues you have noticed?
Appreciate 0