05-06-2022, 02:54 PM   #227
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Interesting, the Mercedes upgrades seem to be working... Not sure how, but they're working, little to no porpoising on the w13. Like I said before it was told early to call it a flawed design just because the side pods were so radical, unless you have CFD data you can't judge it. Did it look shit early on - absolutely, but we had to give Mercedes a chance to try and fix it before we can call it a flawed design.

Another few interesting things I saw were more teams using floor stays - Williams and Alfa. I suspected more teams to do so, as this will allow them to run thinner floors without worrying about flex and thus save weight. I suspected redbull and Ferrari will also look into this as they desperately try to save weight.
I'm surprised at the level of improvement without a new floor. Everyone is running lower down force here so that may come into play as well.

Lets see how FP2 looks hopefully they get some clean runs in, Ham got caught up in traffic on a flying lap at the end of practice.
Appreciate 2
NYG11051.50