View Single Post
      04-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #6
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Well I guess all I can say is that the office of the CEO people have opened a case on this and have confirmed that the reported information would clearly mean the vehicle should not have qualified as a CPO.

Now the question most certainly remains as to whether the dealership was aware of the damage or not.

Again, I have asked them for nothing more than for them to investigate the issue. This is despite the fact that between trade-in loss, paying more for a CPO that should not have been a CPO and buying a car with unreported damage potentially impacted me to the tune of $4-6K.

Frankly there is no counterproductivity for me, as I will likely never own another BMW. At this point I am basically just interested in them trying to find out what happened (if this is even possible).

In doing this I am giving BMW the opportunity to impact my status as a net promoter. Being in a customer service based industry myself, even as an engineer I understand the extremely high value companies put on their Net Promoter Score (NPS).

The simple fact that they are taking this seriously could be enough for me not becoming someone that would potentially spread a negative product image. If I had not reported this and had not given them the opportunity to find out what happened, quite frankly I would taken the information I have and would be screaming to everyone I know about what a complete sham the BMW CPO process is.

I prefer to give them the opportunity to look into the situation rather than going off halfcocked.