View Single Post
      03-18-2021, 04:11 PM   #52
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i xDrive 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheela View Post
Are any of you guys stil on stage 1 plus? I'm stage 1 plus (93 oct ver. 1.60), only other mods are vrsf chargepipe, wagner evo 1 intercooler, and xHP stage 2. Honestly, I can't say for sure if my car feels faster than stock. Feels more lively under part-throttle driving, but WOT hard to say. Should stage 1 plus be a pretty noticeable improvement? I just ordered a dragy so I can have some means of measuring my performance (it's arriving tomorrow). I'm not too familiar with n55 logs, but mine seem to be okay. No major corrections, load within 5-10% of target, boost within 1-2 psi of target. I'm trying to understand if stage 1 plus just isn't that noticable of an improvement, or if I should be looking for some issue with my car that it isn't responding right to the tune. I also posted over on the e-series MHD thread on e90 post, but no responses yet. I'm at work now, but I can post up some logs later on. Any thoughts?
From what I understand and experienced, 1+ should give you a nice noticeable bump on the low/mid range, but high rpm the car already falls on it's face and you'll need a downpipe and stage 2/2+ to gain some top end (but top end still falls with stock turbo). This is the first turbo tuned car I've owned and for me it seems like I get used to the power bump and I just want more. I've got the wagner evo 1 IC/catted DP and I was on 1+ for a while, but got bored and back to 2+. I'm somewhat content with stage 2+ (91 ACN) and the e30 tune feels REAL REAL good, but a little inconvenient to mix e85 at the pump.

To trick yourself, go back to stage 0 tune and drive that for a week and get used to it and then throw 1+ back on and you'll notice the difference lol.
Appreciate 1
toejam0.00