Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post

I will likely buy one of them. Tentative leader's right now are the new BRZ/86 and the Z, if they can actually deliver on some meaningful performance and style updates plus get the pricing in a good ball park. I would love to move to a 718 but that still may be out of my price bracket unfortunately.

Bottom line, I'm looking forward to learning more about the new Z.
Times have not been kind to sports cars, but i agree, there is some, not a lot, but glad to see at least the Japanese is trying to make fun sporty cars that are affordable but allows the odd 'lost of control' during the mundane daily commute.

I have a hard time believing this will be any better than the Supra as a sports car (former 370Z owner here, and can't believe it was once called a sports car), but what it can do is keep it close but undercut the Supra in price, and they need to take a page out of the MX5, keep the Z simple. Manual in the middle, mechanical LSD in the back, hydralic (maybe electric, not that BS steer by wire)steering that works, brakes that can handle a few hot laps, not a few emergency stops before it gives up completely. A fuel tank that will not starve the engine going around right handers. Give it a bit of retro style, maybe it can at least rub off of the success of the Mustang by going retro.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 2
kaputt684.50
supra932497.00