View Single Post
      07-07-2018, 04:43 AM   #14
Jimmy3864
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1 2.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeHemDoubleU IksWane View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. Engine seized at the crank at 89k kilometers. BMW Canada are bullshiting me like crazy. BMW Laval made 10k in repairs in my engine in March 2017. Oil filter housing leak, timing chain replacement, defective VVT motor, bad eccentric shaft etc. My PPP warranty paid the 10k. One year after (3000km only) my engine SEIZED while downtown. Lost all power, power steering was dead and brakes were not working.

Dont let them get away with it man. I already saw my lawyer and if they try To fuck me over my legal notice is already written.

There is a serious problem with those N20 engines and BMW are trying to sweep this under the rug. The timing chain repair cost 3000$.... in the USA BMWNA issued an additonnal warranty for 7 years / 70k MILES. BMWCanada didnt. Same engine, same car, should be same warranty.

This Will FOR SURE be my last BMW. Well I'll keep my 240k kms 1989 535i since it's running like new, but modern bmws? Not a chance, especially with the way they treated me.

Keep us informed
Still waiting for prognosis, will update once I hear anything. Sorry for your misfortune, this situation really sucks. Is your car currently waiting for BMW Canada to provide a response as well?
Appreciate 0