View Single Post
      03-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #16
falconey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 f80cs, 21 f97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc647 View Post
What tune are you running? Any other supporting mods?

\\End Hijack.

I'm not saying the 35i isn't decent. And sure, it's makes a commute better for a gear head. But on that note, so would a Macan S, or a Ferarri, or Porche 911 Turbo S. But if the OP is looking for a commuter car, and a budget for commuting costs is in his mind, the 35i might not be the best choice, that's all I'm trying to say.

The OP didn't mention commuting, you did, in the second post. I'm just trying to show this is on the expensive side for a commuter car. Sure the gas is more, both in volume use and price, but add in the maintenance, and cost of ownership, I'm not sure this is the right car for commuting for 99% of people. If you don't factor in gas as part of commuting, then you must make more money than you know what to do with. haha I spend $200 a month in fuel just to go back and forth to work, not considering all my other running around. Now that's not a lot, I get it. But if someone was commuting 60 miles a day, or 75, that number could double, and then the 35i may not be a good choice for commuting.
I just through on a jb4 and it really let's the car stretch it's legs. I have an e90 which is pretty much bolt on sans a charge pipe so no need to go all out. /end hijack

I think you are getting a little too serious and complex my friend. The OP is on an X1 forum asking about buying an X1. I gave him my opinion regarding an X1. The 35i may not be for the OP, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the 35i to someone asking opinions about an X1.

As for costs and budget those are great thoughts for the OP to consider, but I'm guessing the cost of ownership of a 35i vs 28i isn't going to be too substantial.
Appreciate 1