View Single Post
      03-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #10
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdanielvzw View Post
What? I get 23/24 MPG average with daily highway trips, and I don't have a light foot. Straight road tripping it, I can get 25-27. Compare that to any other car with similar power, and it's downright awesome.

Maybe my definition of good MPG is different than yours, but my 4 cyl Mazda 6 never got over 25 once it got a little older and ethanol was mixed in with fuel years ago.
I average about 22mpg with daily driving. I commute about 40 miles a day. I romp on it occasionally to beat a yellow light, and it's cold so I do let it warm up in the morning/when I leave work for 2 or 3 minutes.

Any other car with similar power? Hmm. A new corvette will get almost 30mpg on the highway. a Genesis Coupe with 348hp N.A. will get 30mpg on the highway. Both cars, sure. Both not AWD, sure. But you didn't specify AWD.

I didn't buy the 35i to save on fuel. I'm just saying, if I had to commute longer distances, I might not use it. $130 oil changes, $150 brake flushes every two years, and 22mpg, doesn't sound like most peoples ideal commuter car. Between the maintenance and the fuel, is it worth it? Ehh... It's a quickish little car, sure. But factory tuned, it's nothing to write home about, especially with the 6 speed slush box transmission.
Appreciate 0