Busta Rib
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Congrats and welcome!

Certainly looks lowered to me. It *could* be an optical illusion from the photo angles, though?

If you go 19s, you'll definitely want to go with a non-RFT (you'll probably want to avoid runflats even at 18") as the ride has been widely categorized as "punishing" with 19s and RFTs. I would *not* go staggered, but that's personal opinion. The AWD isn't rear-biased enough to justify it, IMO. Plus, assuming you go with directional summer tires, you can't even rotate front to rear if you go staggered.

As far as tunes go - if it's got a JB4, you'll be able to see the box/device under the hood. If it's a Dinan or other ECU reflash, I can't help you there - probably no good way to tell.

I'd ask the dealer if they have any contact info for the guy who traded it in - he'll be able to tell you all you want to know. Or, if there is an independent shop/tuner that's listed as doing any of the maintenance on the Carfax, you could hit them up. I got good history on a Golf R I was shopping that way.

Enjoy the new whip!
Thanks for the tips. I asked for PO info but the dealer didn't have it. The Carfax report cites services from the BMW dealership where it was sold (BMW of Ridgefield, CT) and a tire shop in SLC. Dealerships never tell you anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWX1 View Post
Lowered for sure.
Yeah, what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themishmosh View Post
Love a white car with black trim. Car definitely looks like it was owned by an enthusiast: black grill, black painted stock rims, tint, M-sport, lowered. I would keep it like it is and maybe add some winter tires/rims. If you're lucky, maybe they got lazy and left the JB4 intact. It's hard to identify the extra plugs and cable if you don't know what to look for. Maybe see if it has an aftermarket charge pipe already. A JB4 will enter console mode by simultaneously pressing <volume down> and <skip back> buttons on the steering wheel (on the left and right sides respectively).

In any case, congrats! Great looking car.
Thanks! Definitely owned by an enthusiast. I will do the steering wheel test to see if it has the tune, as well as look for some extraneous connections under the hood. Gonna keep it as-is and drive it for awhile before going crazy with mods. It is set up pretty well already.

It comes with winter wheels/tires. I need some 19" summer wheels/tires. Would E9X wheels for xDrive cars work? Or are the offsets different for RWD vs AWD E9X cars?