Thread: My New X1 35i
View Single Post
      07-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #17
jinda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive35i M Sport

Usually, 3rd party dealer got their bimmers from BMW auction for those cars that BMW didn't select to get CPO.

Mine doesn't have CPO too even though it only has 30k when I got it. My dealer (3rd party) told me maybe because it was a 2013. I initially didn't get an extended warranty from my dealer because I wanted a BMW CPO warranty.

So I got the car first and talked to a BMW for the CPO extended warranty and I was quoted $5k for up to 75K miles or 2 yrs on top Platinum Plan when my manufacturer's warranty expires.
Shopped around and its about $3k~$4.5k with varying coverage from different companies. Luckily, my dealer called me back to redo the paperworks because they had me fill up an old bank form that the bank doesn't use anymore.

So I was able to ask for their Ext Warranty offer and was able to negotiate a Platinum Plan with up to 100K miles or 3 yrs on top of original for only $1.9k. Just paid the warranty separately and completed redoing the paperworks.
If you didnt buy your car directly from BMW, contact your dealer and maybe they can hook you up with their warranty company.

Just make sure the warranty company only accepts ASE certified service shops because that's the big shops including BMW service shops themselves.