mcdanielvzw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominavl View Post
OK, maybe I've got this wrong. I don't have the iDrive nor
did I ever sign up for concierge services. All i know is my car is equipped with an "SOS" button. Given that my airbag in my steering wheel is defective, I think at least a call to report my untimely death in the case of the Takata airbag exploding is a good idea. Yet that technology is also going bye-bye. And now they want me to pay for it. I just think it's a poor strategy for BMW if they want to appease their owners struggling with the Takata fiasco. Maybe if this airbag situation wasn't ongoing, I wouldn't care. But I do care, and this serves to only make my concern for the airbag issue more serious.
Again with your nonsense on an airbag that isn't BMWs fault? Go blame Microsoft or Apple for your PC being hacked (and yes both are PCs) (or any of a dozen other examples). BMW is going to replace it, would you rather they replace it quickly like Samsung did with their phones and have it blow up in your face just like the original, or take extra time to replace it with truly fixed version (and I loved my Note 7!).

I'm with NickNaz. If they are charging you $199 and it's the same as anyone else would pay per year for service, stop your complaining. If you have proof they refuse to upgrade you because your contract expires before 2017, I'll concede you are right on 1 of your 2 issues.

I believe been noted, but the notice officially says:
"Retrofit of new cellular technology. Customers with less than one year remaining on their current subscription may purchase a BMW Assist Safety Plan for $199 per year to ensure an extended period of service."

And, what did you expect to happen when your contract did happen - a free continuation of the SOS service forever when your contract expires? Again if you have proof you were ever offered or told that would be free forever, then shame on me unless it was a salesman that said it and you have nothing in writing.

I'm going to talk to my own dealership Friday for specifics to report back here, but this would logically tell me "SOS" is going to function under a different name.

You haven't given any mention to talking to anyone with knowledgeable input, other than complaining about a flyer and a faulty 3rd party airbag used in millions of vehicles. I know this is a little off topic, but come on. The original comments I've gleaned over from the past few years did say it was going to be discontinued entirely, until droves of people complained about it and BMW changed their mind.
Appreciate 0