View Single Post
      08-30-2016, 09:54 PM   #112
ontherdagain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1

603X1,

I'm in the same situation and have spoke with BMW a couple of times. Yes, when your lease is up you take it back to them, the contract was fulfilled by both parties. You could not buy your car at the end of the lease because its on the "No Sell List" They were given a an extension (I think it was 3 years) and so your car is considered safe to drive. Because of the delay in replacement parts they have a temporary fix kit which gives them more time. The new airbags and fix kits are being made by Takata. The are the only manufacturer with the design, tooling, and production to produce the number needed. If another company came in it could take up to 2-5 years to get production up and certified by the government agencies that approve airbags in their countries.

The folks you speak with its not there fault but the have to face the public. I sure the good people and need to follow the party line. The have families and need to pay the rent like everybody else. Lets treat them with respect. Those who created this are who knows and you can never tell them your thoughts.

As one of the greatest philosophers of the past 20 years would say may he rest in peace "what are you gonna do"
Appreciate 1
603X11.50