View Single Post
      02-17-2016, 08:16 AM   #8
philc21
Rep
Drives: Volkswagen Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
Not sure on the plugs but if you don't level the HID's properly you'll be blinding every driver on the road.

Considering the OEM HID uses the same bulb for high and low beams and, if I'm not mistaken, the halogen does not, I don't imagine it would be that simple. At the very least you'd need an adapter or to cut the cable and use a new plug.

Again, aftermarket would be much simpler and would likely already resolve the issue with the proper leveling of the HID's.
Thank you for this answer, it's exactly what I was looking for. Since I have yet to purchase the car and am planning ahead it's difficult to know either setup for me. I was unaware of the bulb difference, but if that is the case I definitely think aftermarket would be the easiest.
I just wanted to make sure if I do end up finding one without oem hid I have some sort of recourse to install them. I'm liking the idea of led kits anyway instead of hid. Would definitely be easier in a complete aftermarket switch.

Do a lot of people on here offer coding help? The lights for sale on eBay say there will be an error unless you disable the drl
Appreciate 0