View Single Post
      08-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #85
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Ahhh, thanks? We're well aware. That has nothing to do with the conversation.

I've said, specifically, that after 60, the Golf R is faster than a stock X1 (both have been clocked at 5.3 stock). Do i need to quote that for you again? What I made a note of was that a Golf R isn't faster than my X1, nor Para's X1. Nor is the Golf R even relevant in the slightest, as it wasn't available when we bought our cars. These are facts.

Jesus you are an idiot. I'm sorry to be mean, but I've never seen anything like it...the worst case of selective reading/strawmaning I've seen in quite a while.

And STILL you refuse to address the actual points being discussed.
What does hearsay about modified cars have to do with anything? I am talking stock vehicles. You can modify any car to make it fast if you spend enough money. I dont really care what para claims his ghetto looking car can do. He said the 28 wasnt a high performance car. When even the claimed quarter mile difference is less than a second and we know they are closer than claimed.

I didnt start the argument. Para is downgrading a car with a engine that won engine of the year. And when i was Autobahn in my mercedes rentalbdoing 105 mph plenty of 4 cylinder X1 were flying by me.

No one wants to pay 45k plus for an X1. That is the reason it didnt sell with the six. You are getting into audi q5 audi all road, bmw 328 wagon, x3, mercedes glk range. No way people are going to buy an x1 over them.
Appreciate 0