View Single Post
      06-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #27
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja Gio View Post
I hear what you're saying, but I don't think it's quite as simple as a new throttle equals 1.25 times old throttle - but maybe it is... That said, it feels as if it's doing things it couldn't do before, even when flooring it. I had a Merc c400 chasing me home tonight, and I out accelerated it every time.
It is absolutely is that simple. There's a potentiometer in your gas pedal that outputs a voltage signal proportional to throttle position. This just amps up the output signal, how much depends on what setting it's on. IIRC, they clearly state this on their website. Not to be blunt, but you spent hundreds of dollars on something and you didn't even look into what it does?

You installed it right? Did you notice the only thing you were interfacing with was the pedal? Given that fact, obviously there's no mode by which you could have gained power at 100% throttle.

BTW: A C400 is running 13.3 at 107+. And again sorry for being blunt, but if he was trying to outrun you, he could...as in, very, very easily. You car isn't even remotely in the same league as that car. You'd need a tuned N55 X1 (like 380-400 BHP) to keep up.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ic-test-review

Last edited by PrematureApex; 06-16-2015 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0