View Single Post
      06-13-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
fw_fw
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 X3 xDrive30i xLine Phytonic

Latest Mod for my X1...

...courtesy of a football sized chunk of rock/concrete/asphalt in the middle of the lane on I-65:

Happened yesterday afternoon, driving down the left lane, concrete wall to the left, 18 wheeler to the right. Going about 65-70, following an F-150 pickup at a normal distance. The F-150 is able to clear the rock due to his ride height, all I see is this big chunk of something laying in the road. I drive over it, makes a godawful noise, and then I see it in the rear view mirror. I'm expecting the dash to light up with warnings, but it stays clear. Get off at the next exit, stop and check for fluid leakage. Nothing, so head on home. This morning took it to the dealer to double-check that everything else is okay, and as you can tell by the picture I'm glad I did. Back passenger floorboard is where the hole is, backside of carpet is visible. Car is sitting there now, waiting for the claims adjuster on Monday. Also hit the front passenger lower suspension, so will have to see what all the damage will be.

Current: 18 X3 xDrive30i
Past: 03 530i Sport | 06 330ci ZHP | 14 X1 xDrive35i M-Sport | 11 328i M-Sport | 98 M Roadster
Appreciate 0