View Single Post
      05-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #149
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Another track day...this time at Putnam Park. Fun little track that is very safe (no walls) and faster than it looks. Easy to learn and was turning ok times within a couple of sessions.

Only frustrating thing is that my oil cooler has taken so much abuse from tracking (melted rubber from the tires gets thrown in there) that I would start losing power as oil temps climbed to unsafe levels. Looks like I will need to get that custom oil cooler sooner than I thought! This is probably my fault since I removed the grill a long time ago since my wheels rubbed on it.

Oil cooler totally destroyed:

Great mods and write up... Seems like my 35i with the JB4 is just slow trash to your set up.

FWIW, on my Porsche, and many others, put in a smaller mesh material in the front of the grills on the front in an effort to protect the radiators and coolers from damage and trash. There are some on line places to get grill mesh made... for me i went to home depot and got aluminum mesh for gutters and cut them to fit... cuts down on debris and damage to the radiators, coolers, etc.
Appreciate 0