03-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #6
PleaseAdvise
///M-Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 2.8 M-Sport LMB on CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1saster View Post
You have maintenance covered until November 2016 so it is way too early to bother. Basically it's going to be two years: 2 oil changes, 2 wiper blades, once brake disks, pads and fluid flush, spark plugs.

I am not sure but I think warranty requires to do all maintenance in a shop (either BMW or independent) and you can't DIY.

My choice for extended warranty and maintenance is DIY. Have a laptop setup with latest ISTA Programing and Diagnostic (all manuals included) and tools left from my previous out of warranty car. Also non BMW branded OEM parts.

Just to put things in perspective a dealership brake job with OEM parts is 700 PER AXLE meaning 1400 in brakes. I do alot of miles so for me Its worth it. (18k p/ year) because im going to get my moneys worth out of it. People who don't do the miles should do their own maintenance. For big problems I would use the dealership or a trusted shop (for me the closest that I trust is Turner Motorsport) for diagnostics/repairs if I cant do them myself.

Just my 2 cents on it.
Appreciate 0