11-24-2014, 11:27 PM   #132
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus78 View Post
Agreed 100%... That why I'm driving what I'm driving. I just wish BMW kept the price in balance also... If they keep the price in check I could understand. The error they are making is they have too many lines with the m badge without the m performance at crazy prices then when they come out with the real M the price is sky high... I think the M3/M4 should have been the price of the upcoming M2 the M5 the price of the M3... And the M2 kept like the 1M range. Maybe it will be lets see. I personally refuse to drive and call the 3 series a performance sedan no matter how many M badges they put on... At this point if you can't afford the new M you go with something like an American solution or a used M (that will cost the same as a new GT350).
Well, there is huge market of people buying cars for whatever image the cars give. That's why you have all these bullshit M-sport, AMG, S, F-sport package these days, for people who just want to look/image.

Perhaps that also explains why there is so much bashing going on in this thread. Some people are just insecure because their car is no longer the "fastest" out there.

Anyway, manufacturers are making cars for the purpose of making money, so jacking up the prices over the years are expected... Considering how complicated these cars are, it isn't so bad.
Appreciate 2