Redsoxx1918
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by themishmosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
The nav is generally good, but every once in a while it sends me somewhere the long way. So it's not perfect, but it does get you where you want to go.
Same here. I usually will have an idea about getting there so just ignore the directions it gives initially. Eventually, it'll take the route I had in mind. Seems like it will take the shortest distance but not pay attention to the time savings of highways. I wish car makers would adopt google maps!

One thing I do like is the "send to car" feature of google maps. I will plan out a trip on google maps using my desktop. Any destination can then be sent to the car in the form of messages with the destination in it for NAV to go to. I guess it is only good while the freebie BMW Connect membership is good though.
I skipped the tech package all together. There isn't any car tech on the market that works as well as my iPhone. And I hate the new BMW screen that is stuck onto the dashboard of the 2 series, 3 series etc. The new NAV screen that Mercedes has is even worse! I just bought a Kenu Airframe holder for my iPhone 6. It attaches cleanly to my air vent and provides ten times the tech as any car based system on the market. Google maps works great and will play over bluetooth if you want it to. It's always updated, extremely accurate and includes up to the minute traffic info. Siri plays over Bluetooth and will let me send texts by voice or read incoming texts. Heck...I could even watch a movie, while I drive, through my Nexflix app...lol. Not that I would....but I could. And when I don't need it I can stow it away.
Appreciate 0