Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
Oh ok. How is gas mileage? How many miles do you have and now is the motor holding up?
16 city/23 hwy. To put that in perspective the M4 which is 4 years newer, has two fewer driven wheels, weighs less, has a smaller displacement engine and forced induction gets 1mpg better at 17 city, 24 hwy with DCT (26 with manual).

I only have about 7k miles but from reading the forums the only problem that people have reported is the usual carbon buildup problem common on all Audi V8s. There's an easy solution for that however...just drive like it like you stole it every once in a while. Audi reliability has come along way. Never had any problems with my B8 S4 which had about 35k miles and haven't heard of people with lots of miles having issues either.

Keep in mind with the RS5 you're getting one of the last high revving naturally aspirated V8s ever made. And since it's limited production, in the long term it should hold value relatively well.
That's the thing I always here people question is audi's reliability, but I have never driven audi or VW so I cannot speak for them.

I have heard that they are going to introduce the brand new A5 S5 models next year or so I have read. Will that mean a new RS5 or is your car the last iteration?
Appreciate 0