View Single Post
      08-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #13
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
I'm gonna tell you right now that a 245 will look like garbage on an 8" wheel. I have 235's on an 8.5" wheel on the front, and they look a bit bulgy. 235 on an 8" max, otherwise you'll look like a tard.

As for square set ups working better for AWD. Nothing will change really. BMW X-drive will adjust the torque to the tire with the most traction. The split varies from 40/60 f/r for a 28i and 20/80 f/r for a 35i. A staggered set up would actually work better on a 35i. The 28i won't lose or gain either way. But a staggered set up will always look much cooler than a square set up (opinionated).

The other thing to consider is the brand of tire. My factory RFT Pirellis looked stretched on the factory 421 wheel, where as my winter Blizzaks look flush. Same dimensions of rubber, one just has a different look to it. My Michelins on my aftermarket wheels have chunkier side walls which also has a different look.

If your friend wants a tuner look, buy a tuner tire. If he wants a flush "racing tire" look, buy a racing type tire etc etc. A good wheel/ tire shop will be able to really help him out with making a decision regarding his tire woes.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0