cjackson1906
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 GC & 2019 M5C

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I have a friend just like you. Die hard LakeShow fan (so am I), but he can't root for the Clippers for nothing. He basically trashes Blake and CP3, doesn't want them to go far.

I've always been a guy who supports all the local teams. I don't even like Hockey but I hope the LA Kings pull off the historic comeback vs the Sharks. I'll root for the Angels and Dodgers all day long too.

Anyway, Lakeshow will be back big next season. Super low 1st round draft pick (potentially #1-2 pick, wouldn't that be ridiculous?), and at least one huge free agent signing. I think LakeShow will be back to contention next year for sure, but I think D'Antoni is gone...

p.s - Every time Davis hits a shot, my son yells "Fat power!" Cracks me up.

I'm a fan of your son already! He calls it like he sees it... I don't really hate the Clips, but I just try not to acknowledge their presence in public...kind of like an imaginary friend. I'm a little bitter that CP3 is wearing a Clips uniform and not the purple and gold thanks to Stern. I also don't really like Doc Rivers b/c he coached Boston and is looking a little clueless in this whole Donald Sterling mess. I mean, he's not going to take Sterling's calls or request for a mtg (I get that), but you're going to play nice with his wife who was Sterling's partner at worst and an accomplice at best in Sterling's racial profiling and racist landlord activities?!

Unfortunately, D'Antoni will be back next year & it's a damn shame. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's one of those coaches that has his style/system and can't adjust to the talent on his roster. The NBA is not like college where you can recruit the talent that fits your system. Sometimes you're stuck w/what's on your roster, but that's why you get paid the big bucks. You have to be flexible and creative, at least on offense, but you can be rigid and demanding on defense. Anybody that watches the Lakers knows defense and D'Antoni have never been friends. I'm hoping for a Kevin Love signing soon and OKC doing something stupid like looking to trade Westbrook...both UCLA guys returning home!