View Single Post
      04-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #12
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

I just checked out the new X4 at the New York Internation Auto Show...frankly it looks small...smaller to the eyes than the X3, and the rear trunk door looked even smaller than the X1. The show car has a 21 inch wheel...which I doubt will make it to the dealer's showroom. The X1 on the show, BTW, is located in the basement, away from BMW's main display area. A blue 35i M sport with 19 inch rollers. If you paid attention to the new car prices, $40K cannot get you anything much better than a well equiped X1. A MB C300 starts at $39,400 now the the 4matic. A GLK starts at $37,800 before options. $40K is still not bad. If I am to buy a new BMW now I will go for the M235i, or the M3. My X1 is my first BMW, so I did not want to jump into something too expensive. I wanted the 328i GT, but it starts at $41K, so the X1, even well equiped, was cheaper than the base price of a 328GT. I really like my X1, but since the next generation will be a Wrong-wheel-drive design, this will be my last and only X1. I will switch to the 2, 3 or 4 series next time. I drive a lot, so leasing is not an option for me. I will keep my X1 for 4-5 years and move on to my next car. If I buy a M car, I will keep it for 8 to 10 years to justify my expenses.
Appreciate 0