View Single Post
      03-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #17
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Resale value is based on the original sticker and options so to say he is going to be hurt is meaningless. If it stickered for $44 and is now $33.5 it's already factored in and same with S drive. There is zero need for Xdrive where I live because it doesn't snow and it doesn't even rain in Arizona and besides that's already factored into the sticker and price he's paying. Why does everyone think you need Xdrive? S drive is lighter, faster and better handling. Wrong also on M Sport, it gives you sport seats and all the body changes which look 100% better than stock. The suspension also is not hard, I find the M Sport suspension soft compared to my previous X3 and 3 M3's. So really I don't agree with anything you said.
Well we are talking resale value and if pays more for a year old model with 19k miles on than one that is new with zero miles on it he is going to get screwed when he tries to sell it. If he drives the car for two years and adds 30,000 miles what do you think will sell for more a 2014 with 30,000 miles or 2013 with 50,000 miles and an M Package?

It doesn't matter what you think unless you are going to buy his car. 90 percent of the people buying the car couldn't care less about the M package. Probably wouldn't want it if it were free. 95 percent of the people buying this car want 4 wheel drive. My dealer doesn't even stock S drive. It is higher of the ground for that you take a handling performance loss. Why take that loss with no gain?

So you have your opinion and good for you I wouldn't want to change it but obviously when you are missing features that everyone wants and adding features that most people don't care about you are going to lose value. The original owner obvioulsy took a huge hit due to the configuration of his car.

Looks are purely opinion. I think the X-Line looks the best. I would take the base next.

Last edited by atomic; 03-16-2014 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0