View Single Post
      09-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #473
BlackJackel
Private
Rep
Drives: Black X1 35i, Dinan stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatfarmer1970 View Post
New to the board. Have about 750 miles on 35i M-Sport and cannot wait to give it the Dinan tune. Please keep posting results...and a photo of smoking all four tires would of course be appreciated.

I would also like to free up the exhaust, but exhaust systems for these things seem like unicorns. Hoping to see some developments in this thread. Thanks.
Welcome to the board!

I am a BMW newbie myself, although not new to modified cars/bikes.
I will update anything new with the Dinan.
I don't think it actually smokes the tires (maybe a quick chirp), but that is a good thing! More spin=less traction.
At sea level this traction thing would be a much bigger issue. But with "just" this level of power bump, and at altitude, it holds the power really well.
If you are at sea level with the same package your M version may need that extra 40mm of rubber on the back

If CIWS reads this, how well does your Dinan hold traction/burn rubber in the DFW area (that is near sea level, yes?)

p.s. I have only found the Dinan stage 2 kit for a "warranty backed" power adder. If anyone knows of BMW warranty matched items like exhaust, etc. please let us all know.
I haven't seen the unicorn either! lol
Appreciate 0